Ghana is a country located in Africa with large areas of rainforest.
Climate Change Policies
Reduce GHG emissions by 15% (in relation to GHG emissions BAU levels (2010)) by 2030 unconditionally and reduce GHG emissions by 45% (in relation to GHG emissions BAU levels (2010)) by 2030 conditional to external support in sectors of energy, transport, industrial process and product use, agriculture, forestry and land use and waste.
Adaptation: Priority Sectors:
1) Agriculture and food security;
2) Sustainable forest resource management;
3) Resilient infrastructure in built environment;
4) Climate change and health + 2 other priority sectors.
Priority Policy Actions:
1) Agriculture resilience building in climate vulnerable landscapes;
2) Value addition-based utilization of forest resources;
3) City-wide resilient infrastructure planning;
4) Early warning and disaster prevention + 3 other highlighted priority policy action.