Bangladesh is a country located in Asia, crossed by the Ganges–Brahmaputra Delta and with large areas of rainforest.
Climate Change Policies
Reduce GHG emissions by 15% (in relation to BAU levels (no base year)) by 2030 conditional to external support in the sectors of power energy, transport and industry and to reduce GHG emissions by 5% from BAU levels by 2030 unconditionally.
1) Improved Early warning system for tropical cyclone, flood, flash flood and drought;
2) Disaster preparedness and construction of flood and cyclone shelters;
3) Tropical cyclones and storm surge protection;
4) Inland monsoon flood-proofing and protection + 10 other highlighted priorities.
Adaptation: Priority Focus Areas:
1) Food security, livelihood and health protection (incl. water security);
2) Comprehensive disaster management;
3) Coastal Zone Management including Salinity Intrusion control;
4) Flood Control and Erosion protection + 6 other highlighted areas.
Year of joining the CVF
2011 – 2013 and 2020 – 2022
CVF Troika member
2015 – 2016
Year of national independence
National Focal Points
News from Bangladesh
The following statement was released by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Bangladesh for the Presidency of the Climate Vulnerable Forum.
Hon. Chair H.E. Sheikh Hasina. Prime Minister of Bangladesh.