Legislators Dialogue – G20: from commitment to action
ABOUT THIS EVENT
The Climate Vulnerable Forum Global Parliamentary Group (CVF GPG), in collaboration with International Renewables Energy Agency (IRENA) and the Global Renewables Congress (GRC) is organizing the ‘Legislators Dialogue – G20: from commitment to action’.
Building on the experience of the annual IRENA Legislators Forum, the Legislators Dialogue aims to strengthen engagement with Members of Parliament worldwide, providing an inclusive platform for diverse discussions on issues of importance in cooperation with global partners.
The goal of the discussion will be to highlight policy recommendations for G20 member states as well as the introduction of a new handbook by the GRC exhibiting already existing good renewable energy policy case studies in the Global South. The event aims to bring a joint call to action by Members of parliaments of G20 and climate-vulnerable countries to the G20 framework, calling for action on commitments and dealing with the following key questions:
- How can we take the G20 net-zero commitments to action by scaling up renewables?
- Which policies have worked in the past and could be replicated?
- How can we unlock the needed investments to accelerate renewables deployment?
- What concrete demands do MPs make towards G20 Heads of State?
The event will be conducted in English with simultaneous interpretation in French and Spanish.
- Date: 31 August 2022
- Time: 2 pm CEST/12 GMT/4 pm Abu Dhabi time
- Organizer: IRENA; GRC and CVF GPG
- Format: Virtual event
Event by invitation only.